With a changing health market that places greater emphasis on the self management of musculoskeletal problems, a new clinical tool has emerged to assist physios in providing their clients with both exercises and information about their conditon.
The makers of the tool, the Exercise Prescriber, say it is a useful response to NHS reforms and addresses the need for MSK clinics to demonstrate to clinical commissioning groups quality, innovation, productivity and prevention (QIPP).
The Exercise Prescriber is an easy-to-use online tool that allows physiotherapists to send narrated video clips of exercises in three simple steps: search, select and send. The video clips can be sent to a patient’s email or even their mobile phone.
The Exercise Prescriber also enables physios to email patients high-quality, patient-friendly information pages from a database of 60 common MSK conditions.
It is possible to provide traditional print-out versions of the exercises and information sheets if needed.
This new online tool can be a useful aid for practitioners in the full range of physiotherapy settings, for example:
• a NHS outpatient service needing to offer an improved service and apply Care Quality Commission standards – but with less resources;
• a telephone triage service still posting line drawings and wondering if patients are performing their exercises safely and correctly;
• a walk-in centre maximising the potential for patients to self manage with a single visit;
• a private healthcare company capitalising on an open healthcare market and wanting an edge on rivals for competitive tenders; or
• a private clinic wanting to offer a more innovative and marketable service.
You can take a free trial by clicking here www.exerciseprescriber.com/mcsp
or by calling 08456 046449 to discuss your requirements and arrange a site visit.